HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed an understatement!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 05:38 AM
subadrew
Spike

Originally Posted by Garminator
This week I went out into the woods and saw a very nice 8 pointer cruising past me with his nose glued to the ground and while I saw that he had 8 points, I hesitated taking the shot due to the fact that my club practices QDM and it's a hefty fine for any deer with less than a 15" spread. So as I attempted to determine the width of his rack, I lost sight of him in the woods . I then stayed put but became extremely frustrated when I didn't see him again. Then about 10 minutes later, I had two does come flying through the planted pines in front of me and they started running laps around my stand like maniacs!!! One of the does actually ran to the exact spot where the buck walked through and she started barking like a dog (I know it sounds nuts). So then like an IDIOT, I shot one of the does.......I know i know, I should have stayed put and seen if they would have drawn a buck into me but this is not the reason for my post. My question is, I'm planning on heading back into the woods next week and I was wondering if you guys think that i'll have another look at that buck....I know that Whitetail bucks are territorial but I also know that they travel quite a bit in the rut....also, should I change my position as he will travel down the same route??? I'm loosing it here guys!!!! any tips would be great, thanks in advance and God Bless.
What is QDM?