HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Hunters
Thread: PA Hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

You have to be kidding me.First of all,BT has been banned from practically every message board multiple times for hijacking every thread and throwing personal attacks at anyone who disagrees with him.It's beyond laughable for anyone to say Bt IS GETTING PICKED ON.

Second,why anyone would scout at the end of the season before they determined there were few deer is beyond me.Along those same lines,it's ridiculous for someone to hunt an areas previously scouted that has little sign or few deer.Once again,it's not up to the PGC to see that the deer herd is spread evenly accross the state.I have areas that are deadly one week and a complete bust the next.The deer follow the food and as one food source dries up,they move on to greener pastures.They may not have to move far but you can't expect them to stay on BT's back forty all year long.

I have less time to hunt then most people.This year,I hunted 4 saturdays and hunted before work three times and I had to be out of the woods by 8:00am.Other than the first day of rifle season,I haven't taken a vacation day to hunt since 2003.I also live in 2G which has the lowest deer densities of any WMU in the state.I find and kill multiple deer on public land every single year.It's not hard.The hunting is still good but you have to be flexible andunderstand what deer need at different times of the year.Sitting in the same spot year after year,expecting to see dozens of deer by noon isn't gonna cut the mustard any more.Hunting was way too easy for too long and far too many hunters still expect it to be that way.