HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have You ever done anything plain Stupid while Hunting with your MLer?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:11 PM
corey012778
Nontypical Buck

a couple seasons ago, when FPB's first came out. I had them loaded up, I was in the same area I shot my first deer the year before. it was doe season (my favorite time), an group of 5 does and an couple of yearlings came my way. I was up on an embankment, leveled the gun, snapped off the first shot. missed, so I hurry to load an follow up shot, cleared the primer, down the barrel, THE FPB would not load up for me. could not get it start. I am fighting, for some reason the deer in this area run towards shots, 50yrds and closing still could not get the bullet started, 35yrds, got in the barrel but can;t get an good start with the short starter, 25yrds they stop and look at me, bullet half way day and gliding in, and set, go to set an primer. jump an fence to an farm I can't hunt.

will never again go out hunting with out practicing reloading an hard to set bullet or even having an back up set up with me if I do have an hard to set bullet.