HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - When You Lose
Thread: When You Lose
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
kswild
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
now your saying it works for you, but from your original post it is suggesting that everyone should push their deer, keeping it in sight, as to not let it get away. and this is definitely a "no no" when making an attempt at recovering game that is wounded and hasnt gone down somewhat "immediately".
Ya know it gets real old Always having to repeat myself I don't know if you just can't read or what but here is the original post:
Originally Posted by kswild
When you lose the blood trail for whatever reason, the odds of you finding your deer go down to less than five percent.... depending on the terrain you are hunting. I believe you should.. if possible, never let the deer get out of your sight. I will continue to track a wounded animal immediately after the shot, even at the risk of pushing it. At least I can see where it is going and not risk losing the blood trail and not knowing where the animal went. Thoughts?
Live it up!
Doug
------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you understand if possible? Do you understand even at the RISK? I suggest nowhere that people should push their deer. I am saying when I pursue a wounded animal immediately after the shot I do so even at the RISK of pushing the deer. Over and over again I say from post #2
We all know that not all blood trails are the same. Even deer that have been hit well and hard might not have a good blood trail for one reason or another. And we all know that individual deer react differently after being shot... some might run like crazy, where others may jump only a few yards stop and stand there. Keeping a visual on your wounded animal is far better IMO than trying to rely on tracking from a blood trail that may or may NOT lead you to your game which is some cases may require a second shot. Some have said using dogs but that is not legal in all states. So I say again FOR ME I would rather take the risk of pushing a deer in order to keep it in sight then you have 2 things working not only do you have the blood trail but also a visual on your game. If you choose to wait 10 minutes before tracking all you have is a blood trail that could be good or your worst nightmare being the blood goes so far and then NOTHING. We have read it many, many times. I won't wait. Yes I have lost gut shot deer by pushing them BUT I'd would rather lose them that way other than waiting and never finding them because of a bad blood trail. And if I'm going to lose one I'm going down swinging!
Live it up! Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From my 2nd post on this thread I say FOR ME! So please take the time to READ my posts before commenting and trying to make it look like I'm changing my position cause I am not.
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 11-12-2010 at 01:58 PM.