HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - When You Lose
Thread: When You Lose
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:06 AM
kswild
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
mr.wild,
in no way is it better to start pushing a deer when its wounded.
but to each their own i guess.
i have lost 1 deer, and its because i pushed her. she jumped the creek onto lands i had no business being on. had i waited a lil longer, i would have that perfect record.
as lots of young hunters look to these forums to help them be a better hunter, i hope they take what you say with a grain of salt.
And I can say the opposite had I started the recovery process sooner I might have been able to see where the deer went instead of relying only on a blood trail that ended 60 yrds away. And after searching for over 3 hrs resulted in Zip. I do not try to push the deer, I stay a good distance kinda like a spot and stalk hunt. I'm not gonna run right after the deer like some crazy man.
Just try to keep the deer in my sight. Which is hard here too with thick under brush and grass taller than I am. Every situation is different and young hunters can and will learn from their own experiences and hopefully will do what works the best for their area. And no offense but if you only lost 1 deer you must not have hunted very much. And if you have very good for you! The statics speak volumes out of 908 deer hit 162 were not recovered, in the research area. So give me your thoughts on why that is!!!
Live it up! Doug