HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Land owner problem
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 AM
mr.mc54
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ek_buckmaster
To Hoyt 21:

Unlike Texas (Im guessing from your picture that is where your from) the Wisconsin deer population has suffered quite a bit the past couple years. When a lot of people rely on the venison to put food on the table they aren't going to pass up the opportunity. Lets say that you go out and don't see deer the whole time until the last day when a forker walks by. Do you expect him to pass on it and eat his tag instead of providing food for the family? IMO its his choice on what he wants to shoot and his neighbor, although it isn't the way he hunts, should accept the fact that people hunt for different reasons. This gentleman has had health problems and loves hunting in general. If he has the time of his life taking what others view as a little buck, then nobody should be putting him down or attempting to prevent him from taking a deer the next year. How do you think his neighbor would feel if the situation was reversed?

Sorry for the long post but its angers me when people get mad at what others shoot on their own land. I'd be happy for him and would enjoy sharing the moment with him and hearing his deer hunting stories.
Thanks for the post! It means alot to me, to know that there are unselfish hunters still out there.