HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - When You Lose
Thread: When You Lose
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
When you lose the blood trail for whatever reason, the odds of you finding your deer go down to less than five percent.... depending on the terrain you are hunting. I believe you should.. if possible, never let the deer get out of your sight. I will continue to track a wounded animal immediately after the shot, even at the risk of pushing it. At least I can see where it is going and not risk losing the blood trail and not knowing where the animal went. Thoughts?
Live it up!
Doug
I agree with that. Especially in mid rain and snow.
You wait too long deer start meandering into other tracks back tracking. I don't believe they bed down when they are wounded after
30 minutes.I believe they hightail it right out of country and only bed down when they expire or when they can no longer go any further.That can be miles that can be hours for a deer. At least when you chase a wounded deer they tend to go in a straight line for a longer distance before back tracking and following game trails and
hoping you get lost in them.Deer aren't intellegent they have advantage their 3 senses. Eyes ears and nose, you can't allow them
to use these against you. Hunters have intellgence and a weapon,
Adrenalin is a big thing it gives them a huge burst if strength and
will to get away initially, then they have an opportunity to use their senses and it gives them time for adrenlin to rebuild and they are gone again. Chase them right away they are running on one thing
adrenilon and not using any of their other advantages they have which are their 3 senses.