HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do they exist?
Thread: Do they exist?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
So you think for me to figure out if the majority of BAR's are accurate or not that I need to buy a ton? Owning one and getting experience from that, then listening to the experience of others that also own them isn't the thing to do? Sorry, but I don't see why I'd buy another gun just to see if it's any more accurate when the first one isn't, and the majority of guys I've talked to claim theirs isn't either.

I didn't search the internet trying to find what I wanted to hear. I searched the internet trying to find a way to fix it. Basically what I found is that the forearm torque is critical, and other than that they can go from 5-6" groups with most ammo to 1.5" groups with ammo it likes and that you just need to find that. I did find ammo that shot 1.5" groups, but I've only found one ammo that shoots that well and everything else has shot 5-6" groups. That being said, 1.5" groups is still pretty crappy. I've also talked to Browning and their customer service reps will tell you that BAR's are not the most accurate guns in the world and that 2" groups are average. That's not good groups. Sorry. I think the guys at Browning know more than you.

Last year I did only own one VX-I. I have bought another one since as I got it cheap from a buddy that also thought it sucked, and also ended up selling that one after comparing it and seeing it was no better. Just because I haven't posted up all the scopes I've owned in my life doesn't mean that the Leupolds are the only two I've owned. Sorry, but I see no reason to keep 20 scopes on hand when I don't have 20 guns. Just because you have a ton of guys, doesn't mean you know anymore about them than someone who owns one or two guns with one or two scopes. Sorry, but I see no reason to own that many guns, nor do I see a reason to own that many scopes. I have however, bought several scopes at good prices, tried them out, and if I haven't loved them, I sell them. I don't really see a better way to get experience with them than that. While there are some guys online that I've read their experiences and they don't match mine at all, there are a few trusted members at sites who's experiences match mine exactly with every scope I've tried that they have reviewed. That makes me tend to trust their opinion on other scopes too.

Go to OpticsTalk.com or Snipershide.com and you can talk to guys that are serious into optics, and most of them think Leupold's are a joke. Having the experience I've had with 2 of them for myself, and then hearing all of their experiences doesn't tend to make me think, "gee, I should buy 15 more of these to try and see if they are as crappy as my the 2 I've had and as crappy as the other guys that have owned them say". Maybe that's what goes through your had when you have a product that doesn't work, but it's not what goes through mine. I also don't want some uninformed buyer buying one unexpectedly only to find out it's crap. That's why I tell him my experience. If he wants to try one anyway, that's 100% fine with me. I will at least know that if he is disappointed, that he was warned first. If he isn't disappointed, that's great and I'm happy for him.
Again, a google genius. I probably wouldn't look into buying another gun or scope. But might look into the person behind the trigger. Free advise. I should charge you but I won't. Good luck in that world. Your going to need it.