HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Southern MD 10 down
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Maryland_Whitetail
Fork Horn

Default Southern MD 10 down

Not much of a story to tell. Doe runs by acting wierd, knew something was following. Nope. 20 minutes go by and all I'm thinking is "Man, I should have shot the doe". Anyhoo, this guy comes walking right to my wick(Tinks 69) 30 yards away. Stands there sniffing it for 10 minutes. Instead of coming down the trail, he starts heading back the way he came. Now I have to stand and turn without spooking him. I'm a large feller and stands tend to make noise with me in them, nope, no noise. He gives me a 30 yard 1/4 away and put the smack down on him. Arrow was covered with nice blood. Didn't hear him crash so I backed out for a bit. Get back to the spot and can't find any blood, none at all. After looking for an hour, I just happened to walk up on him. No blood anywhere around him. Guess I got a bit lucky. Shot hit right behing his ribs and came out right behind his left shoulder. Can't believe there was no blood(Spitfires BTW). Went maybe 300 yards. Second best buck to date and first of the year!!