HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Land owner problem
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:48 AM
mr.mc54
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hockeydad
There are always two sides to the story. I wonder if you are shooting young bucks. We have a QDM hunting land which all our neighbors participate except one. The neighbor who doesn't participate shoots between 4-8 yearling bucks every year and rarely if ever a doe. We just about want to strangle the bastard. We have done everything we can to make that side of our land unattractive to deer.
I will comment on this post;

- all I want is to be left alone.
- All I want is to still, hunt, with my time running out.
- I am on my land and pay my tax's, obey the laws and take what ever presents its-self for my freezer.
- I don't eat horn soup nor do I care too at this juncture of my life. I just want to hunt.
-If you like QDM more power to ya! Your neighbor doesn't have to.
The (BASTARD) as you call him can kill what ever he wishes and thanks you for passing all those 2 1/2 year old bucks. This is why QDM won't work unless you have the whole area in it.

Why is it wrong for one man to shoot and eat what ever comes by, buck or doe.
My Son and the hunters on our land have higher standards than myself. They shoot to manage our land and I don't have a problem with that.
Its great to kill a BC or PY, but as I got older and my health has failed me, the important thing is to get a deer!!!

Just a note, I was a very staunch supporter of QDM till my health went south on me. Now my opinions have changed, I don't condemn anyone for what he believes or does and hope he won't condemn me.

Good Hunting!

Last edited by mr.mc54; 11-10-2010 at 08:55 AM.