HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Land owner problem
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 PM
TeamWiscoUNIT61
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jessejmc1979
Give me a break!! That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. So let me get this straight: you own land and not only get to decide what gets shot on yours but your neighbors also? That is incredibly ignorant. Maybe your neighbor doesn't care about "trophy" deer. Do you pay their property taxes? Do you upkeep there land? If you answered no to both of those questions why would you have any right to try to "manage" the deer that they shoot. Just because you do something doesn't make it right!!

Every place is different. And yes,you are exactly right in what you say about it really being up to the landowner. That being said, I see what he's saying. Especially prevelant around us, QDM is a pretty widely accepted and practiced thing. I mean, why not try to produce the best quality herds and ultimately, bucks that you can.(this includes taking does) Any hunter who says they dont aspire to, or has dreams of shooting a dandy is lying. And like i said, even though you are right, he's paying to hunt HIS land, let him be, I do know the potential frusterations, because the more people practicing, the higher the likelihood of getting more and more quality deer in an area. just my .02cents

Regardless, we all are in it for the same reason, the love of the outdoors and hunting. It's a shame all these quarrels come up between neighboring landowners. I can attest firsthand