HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 02:31 PM
7MMXBOLT
Fork Horn

Who knows for sure why things are the way they are. Here in NH atleast for me anyways, Saturday & Sunday two of my hunting spots were on fire with buck & doe movement. Was hunting with four buddies and we all seen plenty of action. I actually took a nice 11 pointer 192 Lbs "new avitar" & one of the guys took a smaller 3 point buck within 1/2 hour apart. One of the other guys took a shot at a nice six but missed and had a doe in range just minutes before.

Maybe it has something to do with the buck to doe ratio in different area's. Could it be more doe consentration in certian area's tend to have less deer movement because the buck's don't really have to seek as hard? Just thinking here! If your sitting in a stand you just may have to get on the ground and go look for the doe's. During pre-rut good rule of thumb, find the doe's and you will find the buck's right? This may sound contradicting, but I took mine on the ground but than again my other two buddies were in stands. But buy the same token our buck to doe ratio is pretty balanced too.

Though I do stand hunt also, I have definitely killed more deer ground hunting than stand hunting by a wide margin.

I would be curious to hear what other here feel about this theory, that's all it is really!

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 11-09-2010 at 02:48 PM.