HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Signals deer give
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
accman
Fork Horn

I agree that they leave a warning scent, and after two does stomped, snorted and took off, two more ran up from below. Ran right to the same spot, sniffed, looked down, and right at me. Not up the hill, to my left, but right at me. It was if she left an arrow pointing to where I was. But later two different bucks came by and couldn't care if I was there or not, didn't even look in my direction. Didn't they smell the same thing. I don't know. It's amazing, you think you've seen it all, and there's always something new to make you wonder.
I've gotten to the point where I'm always looking behind em and watching each doe to see if she's signaling a buck behind her. You can tell when they're loaners cause they're really not looking around worried what the others are doing. When that happens, I look for the buck to come out of the same area with his head down, and a full set of steam, but doesn't always work. Just wishful thinking, but it puts you on full alert that anything can happen quickly and get ready.