HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The price to bow hunt these days.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Hoyt21
Fork Horn

Default The price to bow hunt these days.

Hello I’m a poor country boy from Texas who's passion of bow hunting couldn’t be higher than anyone else's. That’s just how I feel about it. I graduated college a few years ago and I got a decent job but I don’t make huge bucks or anything. I went to school in Kansas and enjoyed the bow hunting there in the 4.5 years of school I attened. After college I came home got a job, wife, kid and all that good stuff. Well now that I have a steady income I'm trying to get back to the Midwest to hunt and looking for leases have been just a major pain in my ass. Anyways back to the title of this thread. So what do you guys pay to hunt in the Midwest? I was looking for a smaller to midsize lease for like 5000$ about what I could afford. (I really can’t afford that) but I could come up with the money btw 1 to 3 people. I found a guy that had 10,000 acres of good hunting land and he told me 20-25 dollars an acre. So that’s 10000$ for 500 acres or say 25,000$ for 1000acres. How can anyone afford that innless they make a lot of money? 10,000 is 1/3 or of what I make in income per year. It just make me sad that I probably will never find to place to hunt in Kansas where I can have long term lease and be able manage a deer herd, inless I hit the lottery and buy some property. I am a Land owner in Texas and yes I did obtain it through heritance. If it wasn’t for my grandfather I wouldn't be blessed at what I got to hunt here in Texas. How do you guy go about finding a lease that is a reasonable price? If I wanted to shoot a big buck, my chances would be better paying for a 7 to 14 day guided hunt in the Midwest. I don’t know about you guys and gals.. I just had to vent this. Don’t take for granted the things you have because some guys who have the passion as much I do or you do, don’t have opportunities that others have. Keep that in mind. Thanks Dan

Last edited by Hoyt21; 11-11-2010 at 11:17 PM.