HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
mbmrang
Fork Horn

Default One of those days

Good luck finding that deer. I have a Yorky you can have. Not to help trail the deer, but just to get out of my house. Just kidding, my wife would kill me.

Well, I went back out this morning and it was just one of those days. I knew it less than 100 yards from truck. Spooked one out of the creek I was walking along. Didn't have horns as far as I know. It was just about enough light to see, but not shoot. Well, 10 minutes after getting into the stand, I knock my coffee cup over and yes, I bring my thermas of coffee. 30 minutes later I get into a coughing fit and 2 doe bust out of the same creek about 100 yards from stand. I was thinking oh why do I even stay in the stand, but you never know. Things can change in a hurry. Well, it did, but not for the better. Around 20 til 8 I have the nature call ringing pretty loud. Not the easy one, but yes, the other. Well, I knew I couldn't make it back to the truck to get up to the farm house, so I get out of the stand and go to a spot that I hope won't spook deer in the days to come. Well, I get almost done and a snort wheeze comes out from the cedars. Not sure what it was, but knowing my luck, it the one in the pic below. But to make matters worse, I didn't have my TP in my backpack, so I had to lose a shirt today. At least it wasn't my favorite or an expensive hunting shirt. Just a old t-shirt.

Oh well right. There is always another day. Won't get back out til Thursday. Saturday is opening day rifle. Hopefully it rains enough later this week to wash away my evidence.

Anyway, here is my latest camera photo. We had not seen this deer on camera or in person yet. He was definatly roaming looking for doe. Maybe he will wander back through during daylight. I really like his split G1's. I don't think I have seen a split here on the farm before. Even of the dozen or so sheds we find every year.

Last edited by mbmrang; 11-08-2010 at 05:02 PM.