HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 8 y/o son's first deer!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM
SavageSniper78
Spike

Default My 8 y/o son's first deer!!!

Went our Sat. morning with my son, attempting to get his first deer. We sat (he slept on and off) in a ground blind in the middle of some CRP Pines. We got in the blind right about 6:30 and didn't see anything until right around 9:00 am, and then two does came within about 10 yards of the blind and we couldn't get on them, too close for comfort. I was in the middle of helping him back in the chair, when I looked up and this little doe was in the food plot getting her belly full. My son was able to get up and get the gun proped up without spooking her. I looked at the end of the barrel and it was like a leaf in the middle of a tornado, he was breathing hard and was shaking all over.LOL. I reached over and pulled the hammer back on the 30-30, and told him whenever he felt comfortable to go ahead and take the shot. Within a second, the gun went off and the deer dropped in its tracks. It was probably one of the proudest moments ever. First thing he asked "can we hunt next weekend too". Think I have created another hunter for life.
Name:  Park 1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  97.1 KB

Good luck to everyone hunting and have a safe season.