HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - slow season
Thread: slow season
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
I am with you. In four FULL days of hunting, I have only seen 3 does (traveling together) and I didn't have a shot at them. I tried to stalk them, but they were snaking away too quickly and I could not get a handle on where they went.

I talked to 8 different hunters and they are all saying the same thing. Little to no deer sightings, and I have heard very little gunfire. I wonder what's in the water in my area? Actually, I have a theory. Even though we got little to no rain this summer, there are tons of acorn mast on the ground. So much that it's like the deer can bed in the thickets, just poke their heads out if they want a nibble, and suck their heads back in. Like turtles.

I am hunting Wed-Sat of this week. Hopefully my luck will change.
I've not had this experience so I think it depends on where in the state you are hunting. I killed the biggest buck of my life Friday and my friends have been doing lots of shooting. Some of it missing, and a few of the shots connecting. I've only gotten to shoot once which is when I got the big 11 pointer, but I haven't gone all that much either.