HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
crenth
Fork Horn

Well Saturday afternoon I went out to a spot that we haven't hunted all year. Since it is dry this year the woods are really thick there and the deer are loving it. I looked around, found a trail, found a tree and trimmed a couple limbs for a shooting lane. Climbed up a really crooked tree and tried to get situated. Sat down, got up adjusted my seat, sat down, got up adjusted my seat, did this about 4 times. Thought I had it good. Then a couple minutes later got back up to adjust it again and heard something behind me. BIG BUCK coming through a group of sapplings. maybe 30 yards away. I grabbed my bow and got turned around. He stopped and made a scrape and then pissed on it. Took a couple steps forward right into the only hole I could shoot through. I let my arrow fly and watched it go right through him right behind his shoulder maybe an inch or 2 low. Let him sit for almost 2 hours. Found very little blood and then kicked him up. Went back yesterday and could not find any more blood and never found the deer. He was a nice symmetrical 10 pointer. Probably 140-150". I can't believe my shot didn't kill him but we looked everywhere. I moved my camera down over a nice scrape so hopefully he shows back up on my camera.