HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Land owner problem
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 AM
mr.mc54
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbuckOO
Me and my brother lost our hunting spot of 10 years this year, so my brother went hunting with a buddy whose family owns a section of woods. The woods is actually landlocked and as my brothers buddy was sitting in his stand a guy walked in and told him he had to leave. They told this fella he was mistaken, as this property was owned by a family member and they had permission. This guy wanted to argue the neighbor owned this place. Anyway the guy finally left, only to return 10 minutes later with SEVEN friends who acted like they were squirrel hunting right next door and just fired shot after shot for a good half hour. Earlier in the week my brothers bud was walking to his stand in the dark and along the field about 2 feet from the woods someone yells out "good luck" and absolutely scared the tar out of him. The field is actually owned by the neighbor but the woods is owned by my brothers buddies family. I told them the next time it happens to report it to the warden. Not sure if they could prove anything as they were doing this on their property, but there is no doubt what their real intentions were. Situations such as this are really unfortunate, as my brother and his friend have not hunted there since. So really by giving up you are letting them win, but it's also very hard to have a productive hunt with people like this.
I know it is against the law to harass a hunter, however is it worth all the hassle, cuz this guy say's he can dump his garbage any where on hs property. I know the plastic bags stink cuz I can smell them and the stuff he is pouring along the fence smells like deer-Away. I don't want to fight with him anymore, just want to be left alone! I don't know what to do since my hunting is limited to easy access areas only.