HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crowded Public Land
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:01 AM
cal516
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the input. The morning hunt was frustrating. Like dpv said "walk all over my hunt". I wanted to tell the guy, "if you waited til about ten I would help you find it". And i second the notion. If I see someone I head back the way I came and clear out. IMO the guy owns the area. If I can see you we are too close and there is nowhere for the deer to come and go to. Yes I am out there to hunt for the love of hunting but I also want to see and harvest deer. I talked with a couple of guys and it seemed they were just "out there with no plan". One of them said, "That peninsula is big enough for plenty of people". I was floored. I am going to look at other areas to hunt for next year. It will be tough because I have really gotten to know this area. I actually have specific trees I go to for every part of the season. And have the deer pattern down pretty good ... Where they come down out of the bedding areas etc .. I used to be able to avoid the pressure when I could hunt during the week. That was the best way because everyone was at work. I am going to go back and end up pulling all day hunts which I have never done. Just stay on one spot where I know deer move AM and PM. It's just a matter of spinning my stand around.