HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow fishing ? onley if you eat them
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 08:26 PM
FLORIDA_BOWFISHING
Spike

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi
i shoot carp for fun, and i don't eat them, i shoot deer for fun, and i eat them, i shoot ducks for fun and i eat them.

if your saying its wrong to hunt for fun then i'm all in the wrong... if i didnt enjoy hunting i wouldn't do it

i agree that in general you should eat what you kill, but like said before, i dont know anyone who eats coyotes or crows, but people shoot them, depending on the person some bow fisherman eat carp, it's not for me and i don't know anyone who does personally

the attack on bow fishermen was unnecessary.

and if the DNR wanted all of these carp in our lakes why would they encourage bow Fishing?

do you use round-up to kill weeds in your lawn? do you eat those weeds that you kill?
Ditto. As hunters we enjoy hunting which includes the shooting of game. I doubt it highly that you are hunting for food because you have to. You are doing it because you enjoy it or you would be buying meat at the store. I agree 100% that we must do everything to make sure that the fish are "used" in some way, but that does not always include "eating" them. Some Carp guys use them for fertilizer. The worms ate that day. I for one tried donating my kills to the homeless. They told me to clean them first. Guess what, there were 20 guys outside the Red Cross that could have taken a knife to them. Now I just feed them to the hogs. Much more appreciative than the homeless. NO bowfisher would ever agree with just DUMPING fish. It makes everyone look bad, but rough fish need to be trimmed and it's a blast doing the trimming. Here in Florida we can;t even posses a Grass Carp because they are afraid if they ever get transported to another lake they will take over and kill everything else. I actually have residents on lakes cheering us on sometimes when we are killing the Tilapia because they steal Bass beds and reduce bass populations. Thats a FACT because I have seen them do it. I don;t need a report or a survey to prove it to me. Bowfishing has been one of the greatest sports to ever attract people to the world of Archery and Hunting/Fishing!