HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did I connect?
Thread: Did I connect?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
deernutz
Nontypical Buck

Default Did I connect?

I know theres a lot of posts like this but I'm going nuts. Around 6 tonight I had a doe popped out and a nice 8 pt steps out behind her at 200 yds. The rut is definately on in SC. I grunted up a monster withing 20yds in heavy brush. Couldnt get a shot He came smashing through the woods grunting all the way. Ok back to tonight. I aim and bang. He's still standing there. I steady myself and put another round in the chamber. Bang he bolts down the hill into the woods. I walk over no blood.

It's gonna drop to 34 here tonoght. I decided to back out and look tomorrow morn. I've missed before on this stand for whatever reason. I my past experiences I shot the deer stands there and slowly jumps away. Tonight he ran down the hill like a bat out of hell. No juming just a blaze into the woods.

I talked myself into thinking I missed at first. But the more I think about it. He didn't act normal. Based off all the experience on this website what do all of you think? I keep trying to talk myself into thinking I missed. Please respond with ideas or thoughts.

Last edited by deernutz; 11-05-2010 at 05:29 PM.