HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Never be ashamed
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 PM
lovethebigguns
Typical Buck

I couldn't agree more. I also enjoy being out in the woods and I absolutely love to hunt the elusive white tailed deer. Any deer that I decide to take is a trophy to me, especially with my bow. My family and I eat deer as our main meat staple and so I am not a bit ashamed of the 90 pound doe I arrowed the other day! As a matter of fact, her roast tasted like a little piece of Heaven the other day smothered in gravy with a big pile of mashed taters and corn on the side!!

We all have our goals when we head to the stand, to some a 200" deer is the goal and nothing under 150" is acceptable and that's just fine! Mine is to fill my freezer with venison. Early in the season I will usually let the spikes, forks and small 6's walk IIIIIIIFFFFFF I can... As RUGER77 said, had I shot that spike at 200 yards, I would've been more than happy to slap my buck tag on it. The very last few days of season if I still have a buck tag left, fellas I'm gonna fill it with a legal deer as soon as I can!

Some of you may read this and say "With that mindset, he'll never grow trophy deer on his hunting ground" I guess if you're idea of a trophy is a 200" deer, then by golly I'll say you're probably right my friend!!

But by God my wife and kids and I will eat good this winter!!

Sorry if I've rambled!