HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 PM
bhchunting
Spike

Originally Posted by Maddog10
Don't get me wrong, I love hunting and nothing makes me more happy than filling up the freezer each winter. I have shot numerous deer and luckily most of them have dropped right in their tracks and died or only made it a short distance and died quickly. A couple years ago however I shot a buck, and while he dropped right in his tracks, it took him probably two minutes to fully die. I put a good shot on him but it just took a little while. For those two minutes though he kicked and whined and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Like I said before, i love hunting and my conscience hasn't stopped me from it yet, but out of respect for the animal I sometimes have to look away as they die. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way or if I'm a loner? lol...

3 things you need to do in order to get past this:

1.) Get yourself a nice " DULL" knife
2.) Jump out of that treestand and run over to your deer
3.) Take that "DULL" knife out and cut that deers throat

As the warm blood pumps out of his throat and runs down your hands and you swear you can still feel the beat of his heart within the blood it's so fresh. Then as the buck is thrashing around, groaning and even sqeeling look into his eyes as they slowly glaze over gray as death fills his body were life once did.

If this does not help, maybe you should not be hunting ???

Livingston County Killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!