HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 PM
lumpie
Spike

Well team, heres my story! Halloween was my first sit, and i made it out and got set up in the same tree i shot a doe out of last year. I didn't really see alot of movement, just a couple of doe's early on. I told myself i would sit till 1030, and then head out for some lunch. I checked my clock at ten, and decided i would stay till eleven. At 1030, i turned my can over twice and grunted a few times. I set everything down, and looked up only to see a deer headed right for me! I picked up my bow, and was quickly disheartended to see it was a 4 point. However, i quickly caught a glimpse of another deer trailing the 4 point, only a much larger body. The 4 point passed by at 20 yards, and after catching glimpses of the 2nd deer, readied myself for a possible shot. When the 2nd deer came around the pine tree, I was at full draw and decided after a quick look to try to harvest this buck. I decided that as soon as this buck stopped i would release an arrow. One problem, when i thought he was stopping, i sent the arrow only to have him take one last step. I saw the arrow hit about 6" behind the shoulder, and heard it hard on this buck. He mule kicked and ran 40 yards only to stop and stand for ten minutes!! I could literally see this buck's horns and body shaking hard. I kept repeating "anytime now he will fall over". Well he didnt, I turned to look at another deer approaching below me, only to look back and see a large bush that was next to my buck topple over and then 4 footsteps. I ranged my arrow which was laying on the ground at 14 yards. I sat till 11, and then climbed down and looked at my arrow to find one speck of blood, fat, whitebelly hair and a green substance on my arrow. I was 90% sure i had put a good hit on this deer, but the arrow said different. I opted to back out and wait till 330 to try and recover him. At 330 with the help of my uncle i went back and I went directly to the bush where i had last seen the buck, only to not find him there. My heart instantly sank, only to instantly jump out of my chest as my uncle who was below me started yelling that i had got him!! Well to shorten this up, i had hit the buck hard, only to have my arrow enter his right side, turn 180 degrees, and exit down by his cojognes! Hence why my arrow had all different indicators on it! This buck is not my best, will not make record books, but I'm proud of him! I have always wanted a Halloween buck, and this fighter fits my wishes! I will get him scored later this week, and post the results. Good luck to all still hunting, it will only get better from hear on out!
Attached Images