HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you look for in a bow??
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Doubled 150
Typical Buck

Smooth draw is the most important thing for me.

Which is why I still shoot a Drenalin. The only thing I would change on the Drenalin would be the grip. Otherwise, it's really everything I could ask for in a bow. Every year I check out the new bows but none of them have give me reason to switch....yet. Maybe the 2011 bows will have something to offer.

I'm really interested in the G5 Prime bows. The parallel cams are interesting in how they are suppose to eliminate cam lean. I shoot standard Striker broadheads and got a pack of Magnum blades to give them a try. I shot them and they were all over the place. The standard heads are hitting right where they are suppose to but the magnums were everywhere. Checked for cam lean and sure enough...idler wheel was leaning. That's why I'm intrigued by the G5 Prime bow. If you watch their video it makes sense. I'm going to shoot one when they come out and may end up with one for next year.

Or, I could just get the cam lean taken care of on a bow that I like and save a $1000. Wonder which option my wife would choose for me.

Last edited by Doubled 150; 11-04-2010 at 06:38 AM.