HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 - Arrows-n-Antlers
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:28 PM
sticknstringer
Fork Horn

Well, I went out hunting tonight at 4 o clock and sat in the same tree stand I shot my deer out of in 07. Had a Doe come in about 5 then a 1 1/2 year old buck at 635, as I was watching him I glanced to my right and saw tines straight west of me. He gave me a shot opportunity at 34 but some leaves were covering his vitals. I let him walk thinking he would follow the trail and be 28 yard chip shot, he went right and was 38 away and I let him have it. I heard the arrow deflect off of something right before it got to him. I looked for my arrow for about 5 minutes and got out of there. Gonna wait till noon tomorrow to go look, I hope it was a cleean miss and I dont have to worry about this deer being wounded. I think this is the deer that I saw last year twice that scored around 150 last year and I think he might go in the 160's this year. All I reemember is the arrow looking perfect til it got about 4 yards from him then I heard my arrow hiting brush or weeds. The deer bolted about 10 yards and stopped behind brush. I Felt sick after i shot but I really am confident that I missed the deer but there is always that chance that I hit him and he is wounded or dead. HOPE for the best and I will keep everyone updated