HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Now I just feel bad for this guy...
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Waldo Hunter
Fork Horn

That is an awesome story. Im glad there are such good people out there still. You were awesome for doing that for them and they returned the favor. But back to the initial post, that really sucks, the worst part is that there will always be people around that have no morals and will stoop that low and be proud of "their buck". It's just sad. I hope they find the guy, check with local taxidermists to see if it has been taken to one.

Originally Posted by BIG DONNIE BRASCO
A few years back I was pulling up to my house well after dark and heard my dogs way down on the back of our property giving some yotes hell. They are Great Pyrenees and they love to get a hold of a coyote any chance they get. I usually leave them be, as we have multiples that guard our animals and in a tussle they never lose.
For some reason I decided to hop back in my truck and go have a look.
When I got there the yotes had bolted with the dogs in pursuit but what I found was a NICE 5x5 160+ on my land with an arrow sticking out of his vitals. He hadn't been there long and was still warm to the touch. I tracked the blood back off my land several hundred yards, and figured a public land hunter shot him and lost him.
The weather was in the mid 20's, and wasn't gonna warm up ANY time soon, so I gutted the buck on the spot, and winched him about 10 feet of the ground.
I took the arrow and stuck it in the ground at the fence line with a note, and directions on where to find the deer.
After work the next day I got home, and found a note on my door explaining that the deer was shot by a boy and his dad on their first hunt together. Also at my door was a styrofoam cooler with 2 backstraps in it.