HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you hunt a stand again 7 days after shooting a deer from it?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Stonewall308
Typical Buck

Cool. I shot a small 6 pointer at 9:30 last Friday, but I had seen a much bigger buck running does around from this stand at 8:30. I am hoping the big one is still running the ladies around that area this Friday.

The funny thing is, it isn't even my stand. I'm in a private club, and club rules say you can use other people's stands. Each person can mark one stand as their primary stand, and they get priority in that stand even if you are sitting in it first, but other than that it is first come first serve. So I was walking in last Friday morning and this guys trail camera flash scared the snot out of me when it went off in the dark as I walked by. He got a picture of me at 6:30 am climbing into his stand, and then another picture around 11:00 dragging a deer out right by his camera. As I walked by the camera dragging the deer I was sure to look right at the camera and grin wide for the picture.

If I get the big one this week, I'll probably try to avoid the camera just so I don't make him really annoyed.