HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Now I just feel bad for this guy...
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 AM
schester14
Fork Horn

Default Now I just feel bad for this guy...

My buddy and I consistently hunt a large public property in our area. Since the season opened in September him and I have both had our frustrating moments with other hunters. This includes, but is not limited to, people setting up within 50 yards, walking through the woods aimlessly right before sunset, the list goes on and on. But hey, what can you do? These are things we have to put up with because we lost the lease to our farm from last year and I needed to find a place to hunt before I leave for training in the spring. So for the most part we bite our tongue and do our own thing. What happened yesterday put me over the edge. My buddy went out to a new property that opened 01NOV unfortunately, I couldnt join him. He has a great night; sees deer all afternoon and was able to take a nice doe (we have to shoot a doe there before we take a buck). Well on his way out of the woods he runs into an old timer and asks about his hunt. The old timer was actually not hunting but came back to look for a nice 8pt that he shot and let lay. When the gentleman followed the blood trail to recover his deer, he found at the end of the blood trail..........a pile of guts. Some ***hole had stumbled across his buck, gutted it right then and there, and tagged it as his own. I couldnt believe someone would actually do this. Do people simply not have any type of moral code? These are the type of people that give this great sport a bad name. I hope I hear this piece of you-know-what bragging about a deer he shot. I will be going out tonight to bag a doe and will be on the lookout. FURIOUS!. Rant complete.