HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 AM
wallhangr
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I picked the wrong days to take off for hunting this year! Wed and Thurs came with 20-30 mph winds and what little time I was out saw nothing. On Friday, I did see 3 does in the am. At lunch I pulled pics off a trail cam and had a nice 3 1/2 yr old 8 pt on it. I set up for him that afternoon with my decoy, but at around 5:30 a doe and a fawn were making their way thru when the doe saw the deke. She was entertaining - bobbing and weaving, stomping and dancing around for 15 minutes or so. Then she started blowing. She stayed in the general area till dark and must have kept blowing 6-8 times.

Saturday started off with hearing another deer blow as I walked in to the stand in the dark - saw nothing. Sat night, back in the blowing doe's area and saw nothing.
Sunday am I snuck in very quietly to a new stand close to a bedding area. I was taking a step about every 5-10 seconds and made it to my tree. I set my bow down and was reaching ito my pocket for my haul line when I heard the steps back and to my right (up wind). I stood still for a couple minutes, then heard the deer trot away.
Stood there a little longer to make sure, then heard the deer blow. Again not once, but numerous times w/o leaving the area. Again, no deer sightings that morning.

Did see a yote when it got light, but he never would stop for a shot.

I have never before had a deer stay around and continue to blow like I had happen TWICE this weekend.