HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - eBay Experiences?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2002, 09:21 AM
Wahya
Typical Buck

Default RE: eBay Experiences?

Vic, your description of the item should contain how you will ship (USPS or UPS), who is responsible for paying for shipping (Buyer or seller), where you will ship to, ie: USA and Canada or just USA or worldwide. You should explain that shipping will include insurance to cover the bid amount of the item and a delivery receipt or confirmation. Shipping rates can be found at USPS.com and UPS.com, all you need is a scale. Your description should indicate whether or not you accept personal checks and if so you should tell them that they are held until they clear your bank before you will ship. I prefer money orders only on high dollar items and state as such in my auctions. I also accept Paypal.com, a credit card service. Tell them how many days they have to contact you. If you don't, they will take forever. I usually state at the end of my description: "High bidder should contact me within 3 days and have payment to me within 10 days of end of auction. Thanks for stopping in and good luck bidding." Needless to say, the description of the bow should be exacting with as many pics as you can place online. Otherwise you have a higher chance of the buyer misinterpreting your description and then negatives start to fly. Knock on wood, I've yet to receive or give a negative feedback. Yes, they can. But when a bidder retracts a bid, it is registered on their feedback area so it has stopped happening as much as it did before.

Edited by - wahya on 01/27/2002 10:23:42