HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Debating H&R USH vs Savage 220F update: got the Savage!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 PM
ol eagle eyes
Spike

Default Debating H&R USH vs Savage 220F update: got the Savage!

Well I had narrowed my choices down for a dedicated deer shotgun to the H&R USH thumbhole or the Savage 220F both in 20ga.

I was leaning towards the USH since it was a little cheaper and had a nicer stock, in a thumbhole which I'd really like to try. I'd take the savage if it had similar stock, or a nice wood stock but it appears to only be available in plastic...

So the only local place that has the USH is Gander Mountain and they want $400 for it. Another local shop charges $320 but out of stock right now and they couldnt give me any eta since thier supplier was out of stock (so the time would be dependent on H&R). At $400 thats splitting the difference with the 220F. Or I can order it for $320 and hope its here in time for hunting season (1st week december). I hate to take the chance. The local places wanted $470-480 for the 220F. Thats the plane black one. The Savage probably is a nicer gun, but the extra cost... and the look of the $99 black plastic cva from wallmart.... IDK what to do.

Last edited by ol eagle eyes; 11-03-2010 at 05:02 PM.