HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Baiting-Yes or No?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 AM
ksharvester
Fork Horn

i live in kansas and it is legal to bait here. i have feeders that i fill which costs me about 50 bucks a barrel for a few weeks. i also had to make these feeders myself which they cost about 75 dollars a piece to make ( i have 2). i have to make trips to the feed store i have to spend money on gas to get to my hunting spot about 30 dollars a trip to replace batteries (more $$$) and check cameras. so having feeders involves time, money and work. now i have been out hunting this year probably 10 times and of the ten times i have only had deer come to my feeders while im sitting there 1 time. Now this is during the early season so right now they dont have to come in on my feeders to eat. So right now all my time money and work that i have been doing are not really paying off for me. what im getting at is not all baiting is just throwing a bag of corn out and the deer come running. it requires time, money and work ( you ever tried carrying two 50 pound bags of feed 200yards thru a plowed field just to turn around and do it again 15 minutes later? not fun!) and its not always succesful.