HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not passing threw....Any thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Ranger77
Nontypical Buck

You really don't read very well.
untrue

I have never said that Rage will "outpenetrate" some of the heads you talked about. I did say:

1. I think it is a OVERALL better head than any fixed I ever shot.
When you consider flight, penetration, damage, blood trail, how quickly it can put an animal down, and the room for error you have with a 2" cutting diameter BH. (Please don't give me the shoulder shot because ALL BH's can have problems with this area).

flight isn't an issue with a well tuned bow
damage is done with maximum penetration
blood trails are best with maximum penetration and entry/exit holes
quickly putting down means maximum cutting/penetration

you don't want to discuss shoulder shots because Rage is horrible at penetration and actually a single bevel 2 blade will BREAK bone instead of cutting - true fact

Also, penetration is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to a great BH.
100% false do NOT try and sell that crap here, bowhunters do NOT need to hear it !

a great broadhead is durable, it will never fail you, its ultra sharp, strong bladed and gives you maximum chance when an animal is shot with it

Rage fails to live up to ANY of that

How can 100,000's of bowhunters all be wrong? Why do so many of the bowhunters that do it for a living (TV people) use the Rage if there livlihood depended on it? Please don't say money because that is simply one manufacture that is paying to sponsor the show. It certainly wouldn't come close to paying all the bills.
tell me how Puckett's were sold to so many? HORRIBLE heads ... they sold man.

its gimmic and its marketed by those who know how to market

And these guys on tv can pretty much pick any BH manufacture to sponsor them and pay them but they choose the Rage. If they were losing/wounding all these animals they couldn't make a show. They only have so much time (hunting season) to get their kills in.
after watching Tiffany, I can tell you she loses a lot of animals, and so have you if you're shot Rage this long

I just don't understand why it is such a mission for some of you guys to continue the bashing of Rage heads when it has been proven out to be a very good head. Just like a lot of BH's out there.

ITS HORRIBLE - I have proven that to you simply by your avoidance to discuss it !

Why don't you simply talk/brag about what you think is a great BH and leave the bashing out of it.
because a lot of bowhunters wished they'd never spent their money and lost their deer to Rage - and how bad they are at penetration is something all bowhunters need to know

I am done with this thread. Good luck hunting!!
of course you are - you have nothing to stand on

tell me how many African animals have you taken with Rage? hmmm ?

the answer is none, African nations don't allow mechanicals !

Aren't there some states that STILL don't allow them for elk ?

why would that be?

BECUASE THEY SUCK at the one thing we, as bowhunters, strive for - PENETRATION and ENTRY and EXIT HOLES

Still no comments on those videos too huh?