HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not passing threw....Any thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:49 PM
annika3
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ranger77
my my where to start? see, I've been hunting the apst 3 days for the most part, no time to come back to this ... until now

expect so often turns into not where it was suppose to go

prepare for the worst, not the best

sigh

if he wants more KE, drop to 200 grains - that'll boost his KE greatly, and he'll not get ANY penetration KE has little use in bowhunting

drockw -

uh oh, annika3 isn't going to like hearing that !

I will never use a Rage because they suck at penetration qualities. Why in the WORLD would I want to use a product that will reduce my chances ?

Its like buying a 2 wheel drive truck and driving into the mountains of Colorado in Nov for an elk hunt. Hey, I'm not going to expect snow, no 4x4 neccessary right? But IF there is snow? I'm screwed.
Why? 2 wd don't have good traction qualities. Now if I'm in a 4x4? Sun or snow I'm covered.

Look, prepare for bad hit with heavy arrows and big sharp 2 blade COI heads, or at least a non-mechanical with great penetration qualities like a Muzzy or Zwickey or Thunderhead.

Why choose a lesser product? Because its a fad ?

notice you didn't comment on my video posts?

you also never comments on the physics of how broadheads work nor on momentum?

why is that?

do you even know who I am ??

do you know what I've killed, how I've killed and what I used? Do you?

aside from not knowing, just talk a bit about the negatives of the Rage, shall we?

LOL ...... and what does 40KE even mean anyway? Please explain

let me address this head on, right now

I've got a nice wall of buck. I don't enter into P&Y or offical score, I don't believe much in make believe ratings of P&Y or B&C other than a way everyone can use to say how big a buck can be. I imagine I've killed from does to spikes to 150" or so. I've killed with compound, crossbow, longbow, recurve, muzzleloader, shotgun and rifle. I've hunted probably a dozen states for quite a few animals. I've killed 5 bull elk with bows. I've never been on a guided hunt, I have done a trespass fee hunt, I've had an unguided Quebec caribou hunt. I have a $125 a year lease in Arkansas. that's it

I'm 41 and I've hunted for 30+ years. I've been there, and I've done that, and my first bow was a PSE Precision Edge. Remember those? I've been through wood shafts, graphlex/fiberglass shafts, carbons and aluminum. I remember when 50% letoff was the rule. When 65% wasn't allowed. When mechanical heads were illegal. I went traditional 6-7 years ago and it enlightened me to what bowhunting IS.

I don't hunt for horns really - I'll shoot a nasty knarly buck if I like it, a spike if I want meat, I'll shoot a 180" buck that only has 1 antler. Score means nothing to me much.

I think I know more about what hunting is than ever before, and I know much about what archery is as well.

I have used Puckett's bloodtrailers and elk heads. I've killed with them, and I've killed with Vortex and I've killed with Shockwaves. I stopped using expandbles on my own accord when I went traditional, and I'm back to compound and will never use one again because why?

THEY HAVE POOR PENTRATION QUALITIES

that's why - I don't have to use one to know this - and you know this too annika3 but you will not address it

there is the facts on that

why should anyone listen to me annika3?

don't trust a single word say is the answer - instead, research Dr Ashby's broadhead studies on tradgang.com = its free, every bowhunter should spend 30 minutes reading some of it

the physics that make things in this world didn't change when a Rage was designed - facts and laws are what they are

people can read, research and judge for themselves how they wish to choose their setups - choose for only when shots go good, or choose a setup that gives them the best possible penetration setup and IF shots go bad, they greatly increase their chances of recovering the animals ?

I choose heavier arrows and COI dependable broadheads

wanna know what I think? If you've killed 8 P&Y bucks they were not public land where I spend 95% of my time hunting and if you sued Rage to kill those 8? You likely wounded and lost half that many again or more to the same heads. That's only my opinions based on how poorly they penetrate and on shots that are not perfect - and those happen - a Rage WILL fail you. You'll never admit it anyway, but that's the way I believe it based on all I know about bowhunting and mechanical heads.

WOW!!!! Impressive!! Let me be the first one to shake your hand!

Now that we got that out of the way.....Whoopidy doo da day.

It still boils down to you have NEVER shot the head so you have no direct use knowledge of what the BH will actually do. I have killed many deer and a moose with Snypers/Rage and have yet to lose a deer using them. I shot fixed for 19 years and switched to rear opening mechanicals. Why? Because I believe Rage/Snyper are a overall better head than any fixed I have ever used.

Why does this bother you so much? Shoot what you like and I'll shoot what I like but please don't try to suggest you know a product in and out when you have NEVER USED THE PRODUCT!!