HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bought another one
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 AM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
IDK if you're a reloader but if you are it's easy to load ammo with the power of a .38 in .357 cases. I haven't picked them up yet, but a friend of mine has saved me a bunch of .357 brass so that I can do this myself. I have a S&W model 19, and when I get done shooting a lot of .38's through it I have to wire brush the cylinders in order for .357's to fully chamber.

hey Indy something i failed to mention was, i had planned on shooting cheap 38spl, with hard cast wad cutters, so it may be of no concern since indy mentioned you have already utilized 38 specials, but i was told that load offering would probably experience cycling problems due to the wad cutter hard cast bullets design and shape...plus i already had a pistol that was 41 mag so the 41 was a perfect fit for me (i reload but i'd really like to get a dillon progressive instead of my ole rock-chucker single stage),,,but i like them all, the pistol offerings and the big bores, like a poster above i have really thought about a 45-70 or a 444, really leaning towards the 444, i like the odd-ball loads,,,,to me there is nothing more fun to shoot than the lever guns, bought a henry 22 also just to plink

and indy the 357 may be considered small by some but i have killed three does with the 41 the longest shot 85 yards with iron sights,,,i got some glass for it but i just can't bring myself to put it on the gun, during gun season mine rides in the truck all the time, also works great on coyotes while bush-hogging

happy shooting and i think you got a great deal