HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold VXII vs VXIII
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Carl_Spackler
Spike

Default Leupold VXII vs VXIII

now that I have my rifle i'm now in the process of deciding on a scope. I know this topic has been discussed ad infinitum but I've looked at Nikon & Leupold and have decided the Leupold has what i'm looking for (nothing against Nikon). I've also narrowed my choices down to the VXII and/or VXIII. I know that the VXIII will be the better choice, but the VXII isn't bad either for a beginner. i'm trying to be practical about my first scope. i'm leaning towards the VXII mainly because it's cheaper and I feel it will still get the job done when hunting for white-tail deer. as I grow accustomed to my rifle and how it shoots I will hopefully get better at long-range shots, however, I don't plan on taking shots past 250-300 yds. the VXII seems like a good middle-ground scope that doesn't suck in terms of quality but also one that won't break the bank. I could afford the VXIII but is it what I really need? having a bigger objective lens would certainly be great and better light transmission might make the difference between whether I eat or not, but in the end does it make that much of a difference?