HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shockwave
Thread: Shockwave
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Krypt Keeper
Typical Buck

I have shot 9 deer with them in 3 different guns. 5 dropped on the spot, 3 ran only 20 - 30 yards before their brain finally realized that the pump station is no longer in production. Blood trails are amazing even though I never really needed them.

1 of the 9 actually had to be shot twice. Somehow I hit my rear sight from my truck to stand and spined a doe. She dropped on the spot in some short weeds. After waiting my 20 minutes I climbed down and my heart sank when I saw she was still alive. Not the bullets fault, but not making a clean swift kill really bothered me. Just hope the spine shot removed any pain she could have been in. She never made a sound as she laid there.

I use the 250 in my buckhorn .50 cal 90gr. Pyrodex RS
250 in my Hawken .50 cal 90gr. of Pyrodex RS
and 200's in my .45 Elkhorn 90gr. Pyrodex RS

I have seen where the tip will blowout in hotter loads. I use to shoot 120gr.of Pyrodex in my .45 and while it grouped great, I did find the tip of one embedded in the skin of a doe I took at 30 yards on entrance side about 3 inches from hole. I backed down to 90gr. and still have great groups less shoulder pain, and still drop deer with some awesome results.

I have had great succes with them.