HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Was I just dreaming?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM
blackhawk_archery
Typical Buck

Default Was I just dreaming?

I swore that I posted here last night but maybe I had a dream.
It went something like this......

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if we lived in a world in its natural state where we wasnt destroying everything to build buildings or roads that are not needed,or what it would be like to hunt a 2,000 pound bison or a black bear,we had these animals in Illinois but our greed wiped them out.The rivers was once crystal clear and now they are black.I just cant see how we got to this point or why we chose a life of hard work in a dirty factory or office building when we once had the best lands in the world full of wild game to eat and the water was drinkable,for those of us that would choose to live an easier more natural life they have made that impossible and the way they did that was to pollute the waters and force you to buy a piece of paper to catch a fish or harvest an animal,but in reality nobody should have the right to tell someone what he or she should be able to eat or when he or she should be able to harvest it.

I bring this up because money has been pretty scarce around here,I am not poor and yes I have internet and roof over my head and a car to drive but recently taxes was due and I found myself pretty hungry for a couple weeks,I have all the guns that I need to harvest an animal but cant because it is not gun season,so I find myself having to go out with a bow and saw plenty of meat right in front of my face but everything was just out of bow range,I thought about taking the rifle out but I didn't ,even though in my mind I know that there would have been nothing wrong with doing this in the situation that I was in.I cant say I would make the same decisions if I were in the situation again.

Long story short I don't understand why we took the direction we did and continue to take,one of these days the future generations are going to be faced with the consequences of our actions,we should be taking a long hard look at the way we are headed and start restoring the land and not destroying it.

I apologize if I did post this message last night and it was removed I am not trying to cause any problems its just reality and would like to see how every body else see's it.If you think I am crazy say it I wont be offended.