HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM
John Deer
Nontypical Buck

No luck yet. I've been hunting a few times on the new property that I acquired this season but it's tough for me to get out there with enough time to hunt after I get off work in the evenings. I've got a 5 year old boy and he loves going with me so the other day I went over to my dad's place. He's got 10 acres on a hilltop that is surrounded by a big chunck of public land that gets hunted really hard. Well, there used to be alot of deer around the property (thats where I started hunting when I was younger) so I figured that I'd set up a feeder and a camera to see if anything was using the property. I left out the camera for 3 days and nights then went back to check it. I got video of 5 different bucks feeding in front of the camera and while I was checking the cam I noticed 3 scrapes right near the spot where the camera is. I set up my ameristep ground blind and decided to start taking my son with me (since it's less than 100 yards from my dad's house). Really excited to see the deer are using this little piece of property again. Nothing big in the bunch but one is a decent 9 point that's probably a 2 1/2 year old. Here's a link to the video. http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/o...PICT0933-1.mp4