HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
mbmrang
Fork Horn

Well, I've been out a few times in the last couple of weeks. Still working on exactly where to set up. The property I hunt is almost 600 acres of prime habitat, but it almost too good. About 50/50 woods and pasture. Bad thing is it is split up so bad. No more than 75 acres in one single patch of woods. Morning hunts are the worst. There is just no good way to get into any of the woods without crossing the feeding areas. I think I have one good spot to get to, but the other morning I came within 10 feet of the business end of a skunk. Luckily, he only waddled off. I knew they had a den fairly close, but didn't think it would be that far away from it. That is not my idea of a good way to start a day.

We are getting some more sign around the farm though. Found several good rub lines. Got a few decent pics over the last two weeks as well. Just not of my two "wish-list" deer. Probably go out one evening this week and hopefully on Saturday. Next Sunday I have to be out of town on business for a week, so that is going to suck. Well, I may get the chance to throw in a hog hunt while down in Arkansas. That is if I can get in touch with my buddy before I leave. We'll see.

Good luck all.