HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Its almost our turn NY
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Styk
Spike

I think I might have gotten spoiled this morning. I got a decent piece of property to hunt and there was a lot of sign around. I had my camera out for a week or so and had a few does on it. i knew there were a few bucks around from talking to people just never caught them on camera.
This is my first year bow hunting and I got in the tree this morning right before sunrise. I had a fox cross to my left real early and a doe ran about 100 yards from me on the right in a dead run 15 minutes later, never stopped or slowed down until she was out of sight. That excited me, I figured if she was running maybe one of those bucks were behind her. About 5 minutes later i could see a deer 150 yds or so from me running back and forth in the woods. I got the binocs on him and saw antlers. i hit the bleat 2-3 times and he wandered down to investigate. i let him get to about 20 yards, he turned broadside and after making sure he had 3 on one side I let the arrow fly. He ran about 60 yards and crashed hard. My first bow buck 45 min into the first morning. Hes a nice symmetrical 8.
Attached Images