HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:02 AM
ol eagle eyes
Spike

Wow you guys really put things into a different perspective. I remember growing up and hunting with my dad everyone would say Bushnell is the scope to buy. They always said you could spend more money on a scope but you'd never get a better scope. They would say dont get the $50 tascos and simmons, its worth spending 50-100% more to get the $69.99 - $100 Bushnells. Heck the gun that got me my 'handle' (270 Rem 7600) had a ~20yr old Bushnell Sportview. The thing had no knob to turn and was harder then heck to rotate after all those years but never fogged up and I could pretty much nail a pop can at 300 yards. That gun was so dang accurate when I bought my own rifle for the first time I went out and bought the exact same gun as dads, only 20 years newer (270 rem 7600) and topped it with a Banner, and dad thought I spent to much on a bigger 40mm banner vs his smaller sportview lol!

I think I'd give up hunting and buy my meat from the store for the price of one of those fancy scopes... But I realize times have changed and standards have gone by the wayside now eveything is made a cheap as possible... so compared to a cheap scope 20 years ago maybe the bottom line for a decent one is a couple/few hundred now.