HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bobcats everywhere!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:56 PM
7MMXBOLT
Fork Horn

Been hunting 35 years and saw a Bobcat for the first time in the wild yesterday. No way to tell if it was a male or female but it was fully mature. Stood about 13-14 inches from the ground to the top of it's back and was about 2 ft long. It came under my stand about 10 yards away and looked straight at me as it knew something wasn't right. Starred directly into my eye's but I just sat still which seem to calm it as it continued along. Then it stopped at a standing dead tree, sniffed it real good and turned to urinate on it were he had sniffed all the while starring at me the whole time. Probably it was out and about marking it's terratory as it just walked off. Yesterday must of been "cat day" cause earlier in the morning, in a different location I also spotted a fishercat bounding through the woods about 40 yards away. It was jet black with a beautiful coat and a long bushy tail. That was the 3rd time I have seen one of them so that didn't excite me as much as seeing the Bobcat. Coolest cat you'd ever want to see and hope to see another someday.