HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
ebieszk
Spike

Originally Posted by BIGBUCK17
like i seriously dont think there is 1 rage thread where there have NOT been arguments on. Im not sure why yall are arguing about the rages again...when he just asked you to guess the freakin broad head that made that hole!!!!! ranger77, dude you dont have to shoot rage broadheads so im not sure you are so worked up over the fact that they work for LKNCHOPPERS. I believe that yes a slick trick or muzzy or any smaller diamiter fixed blade should penatrate better than a rage does...and that they are gonna be more durable than the rages...im not gonnna disagree to that..but obviously with his set up the rages work for him so who cares if he shoots them!!!! but guess what....i shoot a 2.5" diamiter 2 blade machanicle. and my friend and his dad shoots them to! and you know what, out of the 3 of us there is not 1 time when we have not ever had a complete pass thru!!!!! a slick trick should get better penatration then these massive things but you know what, obviously they get enough penatration to pass thru a deer so i dont care that another bh could penatrate better than the ones i shoot. and as far as that particle board test with the field point... the broadheads are gonna make a bigger hole for the rest of the arrow shaft to go thru, unlike the field point which is either the same diameter if not just a hair smaller than the diameter of the shaft, so when it is shot into the particle board there is gonna be more pressure on the shaft by the board to slow the arrow down quicker. shooting into particle board vs. shooting a deer are totally different IMO.
Holy WOW this post made more sense then the previous 100 I just went through. You guys are ridiculous... I have never seen fellow hunting brothers go so cutthroat. Ohiobowht/Ranger77/Chopper or whoever WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU LIKE. RAGE are the best!!!! Rage are horrible!!!! I LOVE Slick Tricks!!! I hate Slick Tricks!!!

Know your broadhead and how to use it and any broadhead will work. Also who cares about how much pass through ability you get. A rage may only stick 2" in the ground and the ST's might 3". WOW thats and impressive broadhead now!! Also who cares if the blades bend, it still kills extremly fast. And for those who complain about the price... How much do you pay to hunt? I dont use the Rage but I have worked in the archery world for over 4 years, never thought bow hunters would get like this.