HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
stabnslab_WI
Nontypical Buck

To each there own I guess. I first used thunderheads and had great success and switched to muzzy for no reason. With my muzzy's I shot a brusier buck through one shoulder blade into the other, buck took off and snapped my carbon arrow in half, found him less then 80 yards away. Then everyone was talking up rage broadheads. I never shot expandables so I wanted to give them a try. First nice buck to walk by, smack right into the shoulder, like hitting a brick wall. Yes, it was a bad shot and I don't aim for shoulders but if I remember right I had buck fever pretty bad. My nock blew out on the butt end and the rage tip was bent over 90 degress. Should have learned from the first time. Two days later I have a hot doe pass right under my stand, five minutes later a different big boy came by. He was 1/4 away hard. I put my pin right behind the rib cage and let it fly. Arrow hit it's mark and deflected up into the meat of the shoulder. The buck turned its head and ripped the arrow out of himself and continued the chase the doe. Both buck with the rages surrived, one I killed with my riffle later that year. Then I was going to go back to Muzzy's and a friend introduced me to slick tricks. They fly true 10-70 yards, shot a buck last year at 22 yards. Severed the heart, hit bone and still managed to get a pass through. I had to change the blades and that was it. I gave my rage's to another buddy who is thinking of changing too. He shot a nice buck last year broadside and dropped the animal within 20 yards with the rage. This year he has wounded a buck and a doe, both shot 1/4 away. He say's deflection, I say crappy broadheads. Either you love'em or you hate'em there is no in between with rage!!