HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you scent proof your gear
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Smile

The only thing I would add is don't wear your hunting gear to the field unless you can cover your seat and put a rubber floor mat down. If your like me you drive the same car or truck everyday and it gets pretty smelly even if you have leather seats after a day at work. Don't make the mistake of thinking that your ever scent free because I personally do not believe that is possible. We can tone down our scent with good prep before going out and minimize our odor with rubber boots sprays and such but we do still have a scent no matter what. We exchange our scent or mix our scent with the scent killers and Sent Loc products but the deer still smell those odors. The wind is King and as little movement as posssible is Queen. Also for your breath carry some slices of apple with you it helps and begin with a baking soda type toothpaste. I believe in doing all one can to eliminate strong scent but don't stop thinking when you spray or put on carbon gear these animals are not stupid like some say. If they were not a challenge to hunt who would hunt them? Good Hunting To Ya!