HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team "10" Most Wanted
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
bigsugar
Spike

Hey guys just checking in. Got all the does killed. I'm on the prowl for the biggun now. I seen a goodun the other night but he was just too far out.

Quick story guys and please read this.

I was hunting on Monday night in a new stand that my buddy hung. I get crawled up and put my harness around the tree and put my bow hook up and get my stuff hung up. I'm glassing a little before I sit down to see whats goin on really. I turn to sit down and the ratchett strap holding the ladder stand in breaks and the stands falls out from under me all the way to the ground. I swung out and my body harness did its job. I only dropped about a foot and was just hanging there. I managed to get climbed onto a branch and make my way down. I got to the ground and stood the stand back up. I always carry new straps in my backpack so I got one out and rehung the stand. I got situated in it and managed to kill a doe out of it about an hour later. Wear your harness fellas. I don't know any of you guys personally but I can imagine most of you have families and little ones and other things in life going on. Please don't let a preventable accident happen to you. I'm living proof that they work.

Now onto deer hunting. I plan to hit it hard this weekend. I have a couple different spots scouted out and the bucks seem to be on their feet a little more lately. Good luck to you guys this weekend. Hopefully someone will be checking in with some bone on the turf!