HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabelas dry plus rain gear
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Default Cabelas dry plus rain gear

I was wondering if anyone else here has had a bad experience dealing with Cabela's new return policy. A few years back I bought a dry plus packable rain jacket and pants from Cabela. They served me well but last year I noticed that they had a pulling feel on one of the legs and when I was inspecting them recently could see the seam laminate had come unglued and was stretching across the leg inside of the inner mesh. I checked out the jacket and the same thing had happened there but since it was over the whole side I couldn't feel it. The water repellant properties are compromised and the garment now isn't comfortable to wear. My goal was to get them to agree with a replacemnt and that I could pick it up at the KC store on the way out west. They told me that even if they agreed to replace it I couldn't return the merchandise at a store. I asked for a replacement from customer service and was told that the merchandise was out of warrantee which is strange since the written policy states that Cabela’s brand clothing has a lifetime warrantee. Their version of lifetime warrantee and mine are obviously different. My view of their boasting of a lifetime warrantee is false and deceptive advertising. Just wondering if any of you have the same rain suit or what you think about the apparent change in the policy where they want the customer to be 100% satisfied. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of gear from them and my recent experience will certainly change my buying habits away from them.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-15-2010 at 06:04 AM.